Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My dream coming to life!

I am thrilled to be working with Nancy on the book of poems, Dreams of the Turtle King.

I wrote these poems when living in south Florida when I spent many weekend mornings wandering the beach at sunrise when the sun, wind and waves made the perfect combination for meditative beach walking and viewing.
 
It has long been my personal dream to publish these poems, but I had to wait for the self-publishing industry to get more mature.

I have also been waiting to find the right artist to illustrate the poems. When I saw Nancy's journal work in watercolors and pen and ink, I knew I had finally found the perfect artist to help bring my dream to life!


The poem matching the Early Risers illustration is...Early Risers and the illustration is for a stanza in the poem ...
"...others walking barefoot
on the shore, carrying their
sandals and shoes..."


More beautiful illustrations and poem stanzas to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment