Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Pelican 13084, a Watercolor Illustration for the Beach Poems, Dreams of the Turtle King, written by Denise Bossarte and Illustrated by Nancy Standlee

The Pelican 13084
11x9 3/4 mats to 11x14
Bockingford rough watercolor paper 140 lb
Namiki Falcon Pen, Noodlers Gray Ink

 Another Artist of Texas , Denise Bossarte, has asked me to illustrate her book of poems, "Dreams of the Turtle King" poems inspired by South Florida beaches, and this is my third watercolor sketch with the Namiki Falcon and Lexington Gray ink. I've been plein air painting on the  Sandbridge beach in Virginia while in the Leslie Saeta workshop. Now I have 20 more illustrations to go for the book and they will all be beach related. I have about 5 to go for the Leslie Saeta challenge and some of these can overlap. After the book illustration images are scanned they will be available for shipping, approximately in two weeks. 


Please like our Facebook page Dreams of the Turtle King  


My paintings are available on the Daily Paintworks gallery page HERE.

I have an ArtByte, an affordable collage tutorial available HERE. 

Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.




Dreams of the Turtle King blog http://www.dreamsoftheturtleking.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment