Monday, October 14, 2013

Sand Castle an watercolor, pen and ink illustration by Nancy Standlee for the book of poems, Dreams of the Turtle King by Denise Bossarte

Sand Castle 13102
Watercolor and pen and ink
11x10 matted to 14x11 

Denise Bossarte has written 24 wonderful poems about Florida beaches and I have had the privilege of letting the words speak to me and finding an image to illustrate the poem. Don't tell Denise but this is a Galveston seagull I borrowed from a friend who took a vacation at the Texas beach and shared some wonderful seagull photos with me. At this point, I have completed my job as the illustrator and mailed out today to Houston the last 9 images to be scanned. Stay tuned to the blog to read about the scanning, the layout, and the publication of the book and learn along with us as this is all new to Denise and me.  

All of these watercolors will be for sale on my Daily Paintworks site HERE soon. They are now in Houston being professionally scanned and when they are returned, I will mat them in 14x11 mats and place in clear bags before mailing and the new owner can select a standard size frame. 


Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.




Dreams of the Turtle King blog http://www.dreamsoftheturtleking.com/


Denise Bossarte
Found Worlds Photography
Dreams of the Turtle King: Poems Inspired by South Florida Beaches by Denise Ippensen Bossarte


Dreams:
Texas Daily Painter, Watercolor, Pen and Ink sketches,  Beach paintings, small paper painting, poetry book, poems, beach poems, seagull, sand castle, watercolor,   Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest,  Dreams of the Turtle King,  Texas, Denise Bossarte, photography, Amazon, Florida, Found Worlds,

No comments:

Post a Comment