Saturday, October 26, 2013

The poem is LEAD ME...

"Lead Me" illustration from Nancy Standlee for my "Dreams of the Turtle King" beach poem book.

The poem is LEAD ME and the illustration is for a stanza in the poem ...

"Footsteps in
the sand lead me
down the beach..."


Being out on the beach early in the morning for sunrise would get me into a contemplative mood pretty quickly. Especially when there were not many people to share the sun, sand, and waves. I might not be the first person to have walked the beach that morning and there would be footprints in the sand but no people in sight who made them. 

As I walked down the beach, it would feel like I was following the path of footprints and it made me wonder where and how far they might lead me. Whose foot prints were these, what were they thinking as the strolled the beach, where were they heading...thoughts to keep me company as I enjoyed the day arising.

No comments:

Post a Comment